Skip to main content

What can be done about someone over 18 hitting a minor who is there younger sibling? and How could I start emancipation?

Philadelphia, PA |

I am 15 years old. My older sister 18 is almost 19 and in the last few weeks has been hitting me and has attacked me with a belt. with the belt i was hit across the stomach and face. I took a picture of my stomach. She did this 3 years ago as well. My mother says she has tried to talk to her but she continues to do it and it's pretty threatening to be in the house with her. Now since she is over 18 the consequences for what she did would be much higher and I was wondering what they were? Also I know it is hard for someone at my age to get emancipated, so I was hoping you could tell me on how I would go about starting the process.

+ Read More

Attorney answers

There are no attorney answers yet. But, check back regularly—people often get a response within 12 hours.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer