Skip to main content

What can be done about slander on the internet?

Kansas City, KS |

My dad's girlfriend keeps slandering my mom and I. We are tired of it and want to put a stop to it. it has been going on for awhile now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Defamation in print is called libel, but without damages, you'll end up paying a lawyer thousands more than you would recover. Tell your dad to put an end to this nonsense.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


If you are really serious about it, and it is impacting you in some way, and you are willing to hire an attorney and pursue an action, you should have a formal consultation with an attorney. Otherwise, it is not worth your time and money.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


You have to assess this objectively. What is being posted? Is it a statement of fact (even if false) or opinion? If its opinion, there is little you can do. If factual in nature, what are the damages and can you prove them. Then take that number and weight it against the cost of litigating and toll that would have. Finally, talk to reputation management people who might be able to advise you how to bury the negative content with positive content.