Skip to main content

What can be done about mental health program?

Albany, GA |

Last year my dads probation officer recommended he get sent to a mental health program. the program is for 9 months so the judge ordered for him to spend 9 months. the facility is called appling integrated treatment facility in baxley,ga he had an appointed attorney. my dad is supposed to get out in july now the date keeps changing now it says august the program is supposed to be 9 months only you have to stay there until then but since it keeps switching dates from july to august that would be more than 9. my mom is going to call them to let them know that the date keeps changing and its supposed to be for 9 months but if that doesn't work does she call his appointed attorney? his probation officer said 9 months and the staff at the facility said the same that it's a 9 month program

the judge that did it is in superior court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he has an attorney, yes by all means consult the attorney. But, you may find that he is about to be scheduled out after the call to the facility.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.


Yes. Definitely speak with his court appointed attorney. They should be able to find out what is going on.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer