Skip to main content

What can a felon go to school for?

Austin, TX |

i have a second degree felony (pain killer) pill charge. I want to work in the medical field. Everyone says there is no way I will get hired. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Prospective employment in a field requiring professional licensing and for which you have a felony conviction, is dicey at best. You should contact the licensing board for the field you want to enter and speak with someone about your concerns. I would recommend hiring a top notch lawyer to assist you because even though initially, you may be told that it is impossible - that is rarely the truth. But without verifying with the licensing board, you will not know for certain and no matter what "everyone" tells you, each case is usually judge on a case-by-case basis.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer