Skip to main content

What can a attorney do for me?

Atlanta, GA |

I have a family violence case that occurred in 2001 in Georgia. The case current status says that it was "Disposed" and the "Disposition" says REMOVAL TO ANOTHER COURT. There was also a DOMESTIC RELATIONS RULE NISI hearing back in 2001. Then the case was microfilmed file back in 2003. What can I do to get this matter resolved?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your question does not contain enough facts to really permit me to provide a complete answer. However, it sounds like you are asking about a case in which you were the defendant (that means the case was filed against you). If you are trying to find out what happened, then you need to go to the courthouse where the case was filed and look at a copy of the case file. Then you will be able to determine exactly what happened in the case. Once you have that information, you can consult with an attorney and find out if anything can be done to help you. I strongly advise you to obtain a complete copy of the case file from the court and bring that with you when you meet with an attorney.

Nothing contained herein shall be considered or construed as creating an attorney client relationship between the party asking the question and the attorney. All legal problems are different. The answer given is only a general response based upon the facts provided and should not be considered specific advice for your case. Always contact a lawyer for advice about your particular circumstances and issues.


The question is very light on facts and what type of help you are seeking from an attorney. I would advise you to get a FULL copy of the file from the Clerk of Courts office so that the attorney you decide to consult with can have all of the necessary paperwork to review. I would advise you to consult with an attorney that regularly handles domestic violence cases in the jurisdiction in which the original case was heard. Good Luck!

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer