Skip to main content

What attorney is needed for car accident?

Woodbridge, VA |

My boyfriend got into a car accident the day I added him to my insurance policy but it didn't take effect till a day after so technically he wasn't insured. The accident resulted in 4 car with 3 people injured including him with head injury. Witnesses states it wasn't his fault cause a truck jumped into his lane and tried to cut him off and he moved to another lane to avoid the truck but the truck cut him off again and my bf switched to another lane again and lost control of his car causing 4 car collision with injury to 2 other people. The truck driver took off because he wasn't hit even though he caused the accident. In the state of VA I believe if a car does not come in contact with you and you hit someone else you are liable. What should my bf do? call attorney, which kind?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


You need a personal injury attorney. If your boyfriend was driving and was at fault, you can try to turn it over to insurance. If he was not at fault, you can generally pursue a claim regardless of insurance status -- lack of insurance generally just limits the types and amount of damage you can recover. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


Your boyfriend should consult with a personal injury attorney. Generally, personal injury attorneys offer free consultations.

Attorney's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Have him contact a personal injury lawyer ASAP. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


Was your b f cited for the accifent? If he was he may need a criminal defense atty as well.

This answer is for general information only and is not intended as legal advice regarding your specific situation. In order to assess your legal matter properly and obtain legal advice, you must contact an attorney directly. Provision of this general information does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Definitely get an attorney involved. The type of lawyer you need is a personal injury lawyer. Best of luck to you, and a speedy recovery to your boyfriend.


First insurance should still cover the accident since he was driving with your permission. Submit it to your carrier and ask that they appoint a defense. Your boyfriend might need a personal injury attorney, and if the carrier does not provide coverage, you will need an insurance attorney.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -


Your boyfriend would most likely need to consult with a locally experienced personal injury to review his case and advocate on his behalf.


Retain a local "personal injury lawyer".

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer