Skip to main content

What are your legal options when you were arrested for disorderly conduct and the case was dismissed?

Land O Lakes, FL |

I dropped my son off to school. I was unaware that my son was suspended from school as I did not receive any paperwork. The school called me to pick him up and I went to the school to do that. I was approached by a Sheriff who told me that I received a suspension paperwork and still brought my son to school, I told him that I did not receive any paperwork and he put handcuffs on my hand and arrested me, took me to the jail.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Very harsh, and frankly hard to believe that you've given me the whole story. The charge "disorderly conduct" usually requires that you disturb somebody besides a police officer. What you describe does not fit the requirements of a crime if you ask me. Based on what you've laid out, you definitely need to fight this charge.


If you case has been dismissed you should immediately consult a local FL personal injury attorney. If there is any recourse against the sheriff & or sheriff's department there will be very strict & usually very short time limitations for filing a claim - Contact an attorney ASAP. Many offer free consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


No surprised by the actions of the police. Some are all about arrest first and let the prosecutor sort things out. I would consult with a civil attorney regarding filing suit against the officer.


If that's the entire incident I agree with the other lawyers you need to fight the charge. This conduct you have alleged occurred does not rise to the level of a crime. I practice in Pasco County almost every day and I would suggest consulting with a local attorney to discuss your options. The state will likely move forward on your case just based on the SRO's report but if the happened on school property there may be video that can be exculpatory and assist in your case. This video is only available for a short time before it is recorded over.

Visit our website at to ask your legal question or call for a more detailed free consultation for your legal issue. The information presented is for information purposes only based on the information provided. An attorney client relationship is not formed.