Skip to main content

What are the total fees for filing for a green card in EB2? Do I need an immigration attorney?

Bentonville, AR |

I need to file for an Employment Based Second Preference EB-2 green card. What are the fees in total for filing for an EB2 greencard?

Do I need an immigration attorney here in Arkansas to help me file for the EB2?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hi ...this is a very open ended question and I don't believe you will get an answer to it on this forum.

You must contact an immigration attorney who routinely handles these green card filing cases. There are three parts to an Eb2 case.

The first, a labor certification, must be paid for in its entirety by your petitioning employer. It will include 5 recruitment sources which in themselves can run into thousands of dollars. The second step is to petition through the Immigration Services to show that you have the minimum requirements for the position as stated in the labor certification and that your employer has the ability to pay the wage as stated in the labor certification.

The third step is to file for your employment authorization document and your "green card." Good luck!

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship


Yes, an immigration attorney can help you file for the EB-2 and will be able to calculate all the costs.

The fees for filing for an EB-2 green card vary among attorneys. Generally the amount for filing for an employment based green card is between $5,000 and $10,000.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Agree with my colleagues. You should consult with an immigration attorney for a consultation before proceeding. It is a very expensive and lengthy process and it can get more expensive and lengthy if you make a mistake. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer