Skip to main content

What are the steps, legal issues, and ethic issues for starting private classes for special needs individuals?

Brooklyn, NY |

Hello, I am an undergraduate student finishing two degrees (Music BA and Psychology BA) in May. I am a citizen of America and I have been teaching Spanish classes with a private company, in public and private schools around Brooklyn, but have only been trained by the company and do not have a certification for teaching as of yet. I am planning to do my masters directly after graduating and am looking at school psychology and music therapy programs. Another teacher that works in the company with me is from Spain. She has a degree in Therapeutic Pedagology from Valencia Catholic University as well as a sign language degree from the same University. She has five years of experience working with special needs children in public schools in Spain. She is currently here on a student visa.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You're asking for a tutorial in how to set up a business? That is way beyond what you can obtain here on this site.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.