What are the statute of limitations in GA on a felony possession charge of marijuana?

Waycross, GA |

I was arrested with a quarter pound of marijuana on Jan. 4 2008. I still have not heard anything on this matter. I want to know if there is a statute of limitation on this charge. I have tried everything to find the answer to this question. Please Help Me!

Four years. See O.C.G.A. Section 17-3-1. There are exclusions that can extend the time if, for example, the person has moved outside of the state, jumped bond or other things of a similar nature.

What if one moves out of state but not w/ the intended act of "jumping bail" if such a person keeps the bond company updated as to exactly where they are with contact information and checks in with a bond company for a few years and still hears nothing - is that okay. Why, in many cases, does a court allow gourmet years to pass knowing they can't convicted?

Sorry I meant why do courts often allow for the statute to come and go without calling the charged individual to prosecute?