Skip to main content

What are the possible ramifications for failure to report for probation?

Dallas, TX |

I was placed on probation in Nov 2012 in Dallas County. Since then I have never been able to get an answer as to who is my probation officer and was simply told that it was in the process of being transferred to Denton County. I was making monthly probation payments as instructed but was never able to report to an officer as I was never assigned one. I was arrested for a warrant for failure to report for probation on 7/4/13 and Dallas County does not want to assist or answer any of my questions regarding the issue. I don’t know what to do next or how I should go about as to rectifying the issue.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The possible ramification is that your probation may be revoked and you will be sent to jail. Consult with a defense attorney in your area.


Your probation can be revoked, a warrant issued for your arrest and you can ride out the rest of the probation period in custody.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


You need a criminal defense lawyer. NOW.

Possibel ramifications for failure to report to probation? If it's regular probation, the full sentence that the judge suspended. If it's a deferred probation, the maximum sentence provided by law for the crime the person is on probation for. Could be less. Up to the judge if there's a "revocation hearing" and the defendant loses.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.