What are the current laws surrounding pedophiles?

Arlington, VA |

Approximately two years ago, in July 2010, my daughter told me a daycare provider “peed” on her. The daycare providers own daughter came forward with a complaint in 2009, so this was the second child claiming sexual abuse. The pedophile is now trying to sue me for 3.7 million. He filed on May 15, 2012. He is bringing all this back up again, not me.

I’ve wondered for some time what the laws are surrounding pedophiles. What are the current laws? Is it just a case of “he said, she said”? Why did the police allow the perpetrator to comply his own witness list? Is that normal procedure? What does it take to get a pedophile on the sexual registry list? why did the state allow for the pedophile to have full custody of his daughter, the same daughter that keeps saying,"dad does bad things to me"

Consult a lawyer. Your issues are both state specific and way too complex to answer here.

DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the reader may rely as the commenter has no actual knowledge of the facts of the case, has not interviewed persons or examined evidence, and has not researched the applicable law. The comment is based only on the facts provided, which are extremely limited, and may or may not be true. Complete defenses may prevent the success of any claim. Competent legal advice should always be obtained before taking any legal action or filing suit. Readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk.

I would agree with the other attorney's answer, you would have to consult with a lawyer in your state, especially if you are being sued. You say he filed on May 15, so I hope that you hvae already filed an answer or had an attorney answer on your behalf.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.