Skip to main content

What are the costs associated (inclusive of lawyer fees) with filling L1A application for small business owner?

Red Bud, IL |

From a prior question on Avvo I know that L1A visa is the immigration route for me.
I have drawn up a business plan for opening a new branch office for my cleaning business based in Uganda. According to the business plan the investment needed is less than $70k as we stand a chance of winning substantial business from the outset. I need help now with figuring out the associated costs and process of filing an L1A visa. I married with 3 kids and these would be accompanying in year 2 of opening the business. For sure the Ugandan operation will go on and the new office is likely to be in Oklahoma City. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Currently the fees for an L-1A or L-1B is $325 plus $500 Fraud Detection fee plus an additional optional $1225 for Premium Processing Fee. The visa fee itself when going to the consulate will be separate. In terms of legal fees, they do vary and most attorneys would need additional facts before providing a quotation for services. You should consult with an attorney to get a better sense of the fees involved with your fact pattern.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.


Your situation is fact specific. The USCIS filing fees are fixed fir the various petitions for you and your family members. However, need more information on the other issues. Are you referring to setting up the business? Labor? Building and other costs? These costs will vary by location Attorney fees will vary too. Perhaps you should consult an immigration attorney in the OKC area. Good luck.


There are no set attorneys fees, you will have to find the best lawyer to do the job, and within your budget. If the sole purpose of the business you are opening is to be able to do an L1A, you should be prepared for disappointment, because this is intended for businesses that are opened to make a profit, and only incidentally require an executive or manager to come to the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I agree with my colleagues.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer