Skip to main content

What are the consequences of filing a false police report in the state of kansas?

Jewell, KS |

my daughter ran away to NYC last week. at the time i had no idea where she was i called the county sherriffs department to notify them that she was missing but they would NOT help me in ANY way i told them that she had ran away from Jewell county but they did nothing so i called KBI and NCMEC and they told me to contact the county sherriff's department where she lived at, i realized that she had resided in Cloud County not Jewell so i called Cloud, told them she ran away from Concordia so they sent out a national missing child report. this was a week ago. this morning the Jewell sherriff's office called me, said that they are going to file a false police report on me because i said she ran away from jewell county then turned around and told Cloud that she ran away from there. am i at fault

and if i am what is the maximum consequence for filing a false police report in the state of kansas?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The crime making a false report requires knowing that such information is false and intending that the officer or agency shall act in reliance upon such information.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer