Skip to main content

What are the consequences for a theft by unlawful taking charge in nebraska?

Omaha, NE |

I was pulled over and then arrested for this charge and had never been informed of this prior to this. I was taken to jail where I spent 4 days before being released. When in jail I had asked everyone inwhich I came in contact with if they had any idea why I wqs arrested and not one guard or police officer could inform me. Finally when i appeared infront of the judge he asked how do I plea and I stated that I had no idea why I was being charged with or why and he stated I took a bearded dragon and some other items. Now my question is how can I be charged with this considering there is no proof in either which way and I wasn't informed of it prior. Also how would they go about this as far as punishment goes? I guess it was like a big screen tv and other stuff surround sound I think.

I also had a charge for a domestic disturbing the peace when I was in the jail but it only said it on my paperwork never was brought up in court or showed in the computer system. Not even sure what I would have had to of done to acquire this warrant either. What is it that will happen in court? What shall I expect to happen when I go and it is my word against this other person which whom stalked me priror to these events. excessive text messages, would ask me why I didn't drive my car to work that day etc, leave random items on or around my door so I knew he had been there, text asking where are you cause I am waiting outside your house. and so on and so fourth.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You have way too much going on here for anyone to give you a decent answer. I would definitely recommend hiring an attorney. Based on what you've written it would seem that you've been charged with felony theft but that is based on the value of the goods taken. Hire an attorney who can sort all this out for you.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.