Skip to main content

What are the chances of winning a relocation case if I (the father) live in CA and my kids live in AZ?

Westminster, CA |

In the beginning of 2012 there was a documented case of domestic violence. My ex-wife placed a restraining order against her other baby's father. She admitted that the baby's father smoked marijuana in and around the children. I was too uneducated to figure out i could possibly do an emergency order. She has also moved multiple times within the past 5 years causing my children to have to switch schools almost every school year. She continually demonstrates her unwillingness to co-parent by not giving me any information as to how they are doing in school to their health and well being. She seems to think that since I moved away that the Joint Parenting Plan is no longer valid and she is trying to reduce my 6 wk summer visitation to 2 wks. There are other issues too What are my options

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This type of case is far to fact specific to be able to give you helpful advice in this forum. I suggest you obtain legal counselASAP. In the meantime, document her actions carefully particularly those where she withholds medical and general well being information and fails to be coopertive . Documenting means write letters to he r confirming her conduct and explaining detriment to children. Best of Luck.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Martha is 100% correct, you need an attorney to gather and present the evidence in the best possilbe light

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer