What are the chances of having a Class 3 Felony for verbally threatening a public official upon arrest dropped/lowered?

Carbondale, IL |

I was charged with disorderly conduct and threatening a public official. The incident stemmed from a visit to the hospital after my girlfriend fell and hit her head after leaving a local bar. There was a disagreement between a male nurse and i about how my girlfriend was being treated. The nurse claimed that there was nothing wrong with her although today she visited a local doctor and was fond to have a very severe concussion. The hospital called the police and i was arrested. I felt very angry, scared for my girlfriend, and worried about the situation i was in. According to the police i "Threatened" them, and now i am charged with a class 3 felony. Bond was set at $7500 and 750 got me out the next day. Any advice? I of course have sought legal representation. Court is on Feb 28

You need to think about your issue seriously to make a decison: do you want a general advice on the pending criminal matter punishable by jail as a maximum sentence or require a good criminal attorney to work on your case to make sure your legal rights and freedom are adequately protected?
I think you know the answer to that question.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Listen to Mr. Ivakhnenko. There is no confidentiality online. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. If you cannot find an experienced local criminal litigator on Avvo, a good place to look is the website for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Not to be unpleasntly blunt, but the only advice any competent lawyer would give you is (1) stop posting about this case (2) stop talking about it to anybody and (3) retain experienced counsel and rely on your attorney's representation.

You asked for advice so here it is: Hire an attorney as you planned. Listen to your attorney. Speak to no one but your attorney about your case and refrain from further discussion online or with friends or family. Only conversation with your attorney is privileged. There is a good chances your attorney will be able to work out a deal for a reduced charge or (less likely) a dismissal.

Best wishes.