I worry that my employer won’t extend my current H1B when it expires in July. Then I have to transfer from H1B to H4 following my husband status. His H1B is till October 2010. I am not sure what documents are needed to submit change of status. I made a list myself. Could you please advice if they are good? I really appreciate your reply.
- Check of $300 to the Department of Homeland Security
- Copy of marriage certificate (copy is okay, or it must be original?)
- Copy of my current H1B I-797, although it will expire soon.
- Copy of my passport including photo, expiration date and biographical info, and all prior U.S. visa stamps
- Current I-94 copy (I went back to home country, and it is different from the one in I-797).
- Copy of his H1B I-797.