Skip to main content

What are possible plea bargains for a 1st time offense of 2nd degree sexual assault of a child for someone with no prior record

Franklin, WI |

defendant has no criminal history, does not do any drugs, no alcohol, nor smoking. His mother is disabled and needs him at home .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hello there,

Prosecutors have a lot of latitude in negotiating plea bargains. That being so you need to consult with an attorney and have them evaluate all the evidence and determine how the case should be handled.


Erick Platten


We could not possibly answer this question without knowing more facts (i.e., your employment history, your educational history, the prosecutor, the judge, facts of the case, etc.). But, these are facts you cannot/should not post here on Avvo. Anything posted on Avvo may be used against you in court. And even if we knew these facts, the best we could offer you is a range of possibilities/educated guesses.

You need to consult directly (via phone or in person) with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Most initial consultations are free. So, you have nothing to lose at first. If you cannot afford a private attorney, contact the local public defender's office. If you do not qualify for public defender assistance, ask the court to appoint a low-cost attorney to your case.

Sexual assault of a child is a serious offense. You seriously need an attorney on your side.

Good luck!


Sexual assault of a child has the most serious possible collateral consequences that can follow a person forever, this is not the case not to get an attorney. You can go to prison for a mandatory sentence, be on the sex offender registry forever, and be committed as a sexual predator. GET AN ATTORNEY!

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer