Skip to main content

What are my rights to my 6 month old baby as a unwed mother?

Lead Hill, AR |

the father of my baby is mentally abusive to me, and over protective of his adopted child which is abusive to herself and anyone around her I am terrified for my babies life living with this abusive adopted child

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you and the father were never married, you have custody of the child. The only rights the father has is to file a lawsuit to establish rights.

If that happens, then the Court will enter orders based upon what is in the best interests of the child.

This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation.


It sounds like you need to move out with your child and find a more stable and happy home in which to raise your child.

As an unwed mother in Arkansas, you have full custody of your child. He will need to file a paternity action to establish his parental rights and be awarded visitation with your child.

Please click the link below if you need further assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer