Skip to main content

What are my rights if landlord won't fix plumbing?

Madeira Beach, FL |

Plumbing is backing up in my apartment in shower and tiolet and landlord won't fix. What can i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Get familiar with Chapter 83 (link below). Section 83.51 specifically deals with the landlord's obligation. Your written lease may also be reviewed for your specific rights related to this issue. If applicable, the statue provide for your various remedies. You may be able to contact your local law librarian for additional direction on available publications related to your tenant rights.

This situation is complex and no legal opinion can be expressed concerning the outcome of any litigation or planning without a full consideration of the facts and legal research. This answer is given solely as general information and is not a substitute for a legal consultation, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between you and either the writer or his law firm.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer