Skip to main content

What are my options this and what type of lawyer do I need to locate?

Orlando, FL |

On 11/6/2012 I had to call an ambulance to bring me to the hospital due to an unbarring pain in my stomach area. I was told by the doctor that he was unsure of what the x-ray was showing however he believed it to be some kind of Gastropic issue. I was not alright with oking the surgery, but due to another doctor (Phycological) ordering a baker act I kind of felt forced and attacked by the security and the order, I just cried over and over again and basically gave up and said if the doctor would put me to sleep then I would accept. I do not feel they properly followed though with all the requirements as far as showing me the operation after the surgery was completed. What type of lawyer do I need to consult with and are there any options as far as unsatisfied performance and procedures?

Hi this is Wendy again...sorry for all my depression the past few months. I have been totally smashed, sorry if I was not typing my questions correctly. I hope everyone is doing good.

+ Read More

Filed under: Medical malpractice
Attorney answers 3


Cases involving Baker Acts are very specialized. Only certain lawyers will handle them and you can search for those words even in the Avvo database. Further if there was an abnormality on the study and a procedure was indicated And you consented it will be. Wry difficult to pursue an action arising from this.


I agree with Attorney Herd. Search for a lawyer handling Baker Act cases.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
6876 Buckley Road
Syracuse, NY 13212
Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.


Google Baker Act attorney for representation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer