Skip to main content

What are my options for a speeding ticket (first one)?

Dunn, NC |

I received my first speeding ticket today. The officer said I was going 46 in a 35. I'm not really sure what to do. I heard about a "Prayer of Judgement", but I'm not sure if I'm eligible or not. I'm 19 and my driving record was clean up until this point. Is there anything I can do to keep it that way?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact a local traffic lawyer in your area. Most times a lawyer can help get your traffic ticket reduced to a lesser charge or infraction - possibly even dismissed depending on the circumstances. You will want to speak with a local traffic lawyer in your area about what options might be available, including whether a prayer for judgment continued is you best options - most time it is not.

* If you found this answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly. . * The above response is not legal advice, rather it is general educational information provided as a public service and is not a comprehensive statement of the law. Laws vary from state to state and are subject to change, which could affect the accuracy of the information. I am licensed only in North Carolina. The materials contained on this site, including attorney responses, is not legal advice or a substitute for your own legal counsel. The above response and use of this site does not form an attorney-client relationship. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your state or local area. You should consult an attorney in your state for advice regarding your individual situation and should not act on (or refrain from acting based on) the information contained in the above response or on this site without receiving in-person professional legal counsel. It is important to have an in-person consultation with an attorney in your state as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.


This is barely fast enough to get pulled over. A local attorney should be able to advocate for you effectively, keeping your insurance premiums right where they're at.


Yes, contact a local traffic lawyer and see what options are available to you for keeping this off your record. Hope that helps.


I'm guessing a local attorney can save you quite a bit of money with insurance and probably keep points off of your driver's license. Call a local attorney and hire him or her to represent you. Best of luck.