Skip to main content

What are my legal options? i bite into a sandwich that had a thumb tack in it which caused damage to my tooth and gums

Orlando, FL |
Attorney answers 5


Who prepared the sandwich? You've suffered physical injuries as a result of someone else's negligence (or worse, someone's intentional act).

Contact a personal injury or products liability attorney immediately to review the merits of your case. Make sure you preserve whatever documentation you have of the incident and your resulting injuries (including medical reports, admittance and discharge papers, medical bills, etc.)

Good luck!


Contact a local personal injury attorney for a free consultation.

I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.


Consult with a personal injury attorney. Most PI attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, whereby you do not pay fees, the attorney is paid out of any recovery obtained. The issues will be, who prepared the food, what type of injuries were suffered, are the injuries permanent, what type of out of pocket expenses or lost wages were incurred, etc.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655


There is a case against the preparer of the sandwich; and if commercial against that person's employer also. If your damages are substantial you should have no problem finding a lawyer to represent you.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


Never listen to an insurance company. You would need to retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer