Skip to main content

What are my chances of getting full custody when my ex has a record of DUI and abuse?

Bellingham, WA |

I have 2 children( 2 and 7 yrs old) I have always had my kids.The father is like a roller coaster ride. For a few months when he's on probation he promises my girls all these wonderful things about trying to be a better parent then once he serves his time, its back to being the non existant parent. My ex has a horrible drinking problem and is very emotionally abusive. He has been charged with a few major crimes about 3 years ago that included my oldest daughter and I.He just got his third DUI 8 days after getting off of house arrest from his secong DUI!! Now that he has time on his hands and he can't go out he wants our kids all the time!!! I feel they are unsafe with him. Im tired of the games...I want to know my kids will be safe and happy...what are my chances of full custody ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Although I know DUI law, I don't practice family law. I do know that if someone is in need of treatment and is not doing so, the court will not find that conduct favorable. What you could do is call - Clear Intake (toll free) 1-888-201-1014 for legal assistance.

The Northwest Justice Project has developed a client intake system called CLEAR. The system allows low-income individuals to be referred to legal assistance in their community by calling a toll-free number. Certain cases can be referred to Northwest Justice Project offices, local volunteer lawyer programs, law school clinics or other resources in the caller's community. When seeking assistance, please call CLEAR Intake (toll free) 1-888-201-1014 before calling other legal services programs.

In addition for self-help legal information go to . Obviously, since you are using Avvo, post your question under the Family Law section and you may receive more responses. You can check out Family Law Attorneys in your area as well on Avvo and find what appeals to you. Good luck, Sharon

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer