Skip to main content

What are my chances? If I have any?Immigration statues

Washington, DC |

I've been here since I was 2. When I was 14 I was charged and convicted of theft under 500. Now i'm 20 and want to know if theres anything i can do to legalize my immigration status or go home? Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to speak with an attorney in private consultation. There may be something you can do, but it won't be made apparent here because it requires a lengthy discussion.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.


I would stat my making an appointment with an immigration attorney. Unless you believe in miracles, which would be reckless and irresponsible when it comes to immigraiton, you should not rely on AVVO in your pursue of a legal status in the United States. Consult an experienced and competent immigraiton attorney. many of us offer Skype consultations. Some of us even do that free of charge.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes, you can apply for DACA.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.