What are good, legal questions to ask when hiring a new employee?

Jacksonville, FL |

I'm involved in the hiring process for the first time, and would like to know what I can and can't ask about.

.

Filed under: Employment

As opposed to trying to vomit a training session into this site, have a look at the EEOC's guidance on their website:

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/index.cfm

[Here Comes The Disclaimer] Avvo is a great place for people to share information and that's what we are doing here. Nothing in the answer above should be construed as retaining an attorney or receiving the benefit of retained counsel. We encourage you to retain an attorney and dig into you particular concerns. I urge you to consult another lawyer if you wish a second opinion. Time limitations may affect your rights to pursue a claim; therefore, you should act promptly in consulting another lawyer, or otherwise pursuing your claim. That said, thanks for reading this far and best of luck in all you do.