Skip to main content

What action can rent a center take against me if I fall behind in payments?

Aberdeen, MD |

I have merchandise from rent a center and I have fallen behind in the payments. They come to the house and tell my 15 year old son that they are going to have me pick up. They leave messages on my answering machine I dont respond because all they do is make threats. They dont want to make arrangements for me to catch up. What can they do to me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


They can repossess the property and sue you for any outstanding balance. This is a civil matter and you cannot be arrested simply for violating your side of the contract.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer