What the colorado law say if someone has been slandering me with nothing information or by fabricated story? can I suing or no

Denver, CO |

back 2011 I was working we b I work we ar company I have no idea what make himoth work for the same company. but he slandering my name by gossip that I am a gay. as a matter of fact I am not such person or I did not come from that type of world. however this guy and including some other 3 people they are envading my name every where so people look at me as disrespect like hate and laugh at me. I really disappointed and fells me revange but I don't want screwed up my life. I am on these situation. until now same people are gossiping about me that I am not. I have no clue why they fabricated wrong information they thought that I have no evidence. so what I am going to do now. is that ok to slander someone name just so ? what the law says? how much do I pay. plse help me.

Saying someone is "gay" is likely no longer defamatory. A recent case in New York held such. Colorado has no decision directly on point, but I would not imagine that your situation calls for a defamation claim.

It sounds like you would be better off spending your money on "hooked on phonics" or a literacy tutor.

That was a really, really mean and unnecessary comment. A slander lawyer saying something like that? Seems like you have heard to much slander in your business and would need a break and a therapist. Nobody deserves to be spoken to that way. Don't you understand that this man suffers already? Shame on you!

Marc John Randazza

Marc John Randazza

Don't care.

Great lawyer. Why do you even post on avvo? You are always rude.

I'm not sure what your compensation would be of you won the lawsuit. Seeing that there are no damages, your claim may not result in any compensation. I would recommend that you consult with an experienced Colorado attorney to review the details of your case and protect your rights. I hope you found my response helpful.