Went to biometrics appointment. Status still reads "Initial Review" for I-821D & I-765 applications I filed. Is it Normal?

Des Plaines, IL |

Biometrics appointment- November 21st. Under status on USCIS website it says they attempted to send something on November 15th. Until today I still have not been able to find out what that was. It was "undeliverable" and was sent back. Called USCIS and requested that to be re-sent. I signed up fr case updates on the website. And the next day I received an email which read, " We apologize for the inconvenience; however, we do not re-mail receipt notices. Additionally, the biometrics appointment notice need not be re-mailed because biometrics have already been received. In the future, if you change your address please contact customer service at the number provided below."
So is it normal for it to be taking this long after my biometrics appointment? Please help

Filed under: Immigration

As more and more people submit these applications, the backlog is getting longer. It appears that yours is pending, you have done Biometrics, do not worry. This takes time.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Under the status online, it says they attempted to send something but was undeliverable. That was on November 15th. My appointment for biometrics was November 21st. I have tried finding out what it was and apparently it was a notice fr biometrics as well. I don't see why tey would send that if I already had my appointment. Has that ever happened before? I received an email which said there was no need to resend notice since they already received my biometrics.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

It happens a lot. USCIS is a LARGE federal agency that is not perfect. Stay patient.

I agree with my colleague. The length of time here is not unusual at all. It is not exactly clear from your message, but it appears that you DID appear for biometrics and that USCIS in fact got your biometrics. Please be sure that USCIS has your correct current address. Good luck to you.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

It's not unusual to have to wait several months after having your biometrics taken to hear back from USCIS. Make sure that USCIS has your correct mailing address, as they will mail the approval notice and work permit and/or request for additional evidence to you.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Laura Mandell, Law Office of Stephen Gingell, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: laura@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: http://stephengingell.com

Laura Mandell

Laura Mandell

From what you quoted in your original question, it sounds like what USCIS tried to send you that got returned was a receipt notice, which is a letter they send right after an application is filed to confirm they received they application. I suggest you call USCIS again and confirm that they have your current address on file. If they do, you should be fine.