Skip to main content

We post a link on the internet directing to our website for particular services provided

Grass Valley, CA |

Mfg asked us to remove the link and reference thereof from our website.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

You need to tell your own trademark attorney, in private, on what website you posted the link to your site and what wording you used as the link. With that information your attorney can tell you if you must remove the link.

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.


I'm not sure that there is a question here, but if you are asking if the manufacturer can legitimately ask you to remove the link, then without more information, it is difficult to answer this question. If they are claiming that it is an infringement on their trademark, then potentially yes. What is the purpose of you having the link on your site? Please provide more information and the question that you actually want answered.

The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.


The facts you have presented are confusing and incomplete, and you have not asked a question.

If your Q is whether you should remove the reference and the link, a lawyer would need more information about your situation to provide a useful answer. It may turn out that the right answer is dictated more by business considerations (avoid wasting time, energy and money) than legal considerations (pushing your rights to the limit).

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


This question is does not contain sufficient information to allow me to provide a meaningful response. However, the manufacturer may be entitled to object to the association between its products or services, and the services or products that your company provides. You need to retain intellectual property counsel.

Indeed, it sounds like you are running a web-site without having worked with intellectual property counsel to lay the proper legal foundation. If so, you have probably made numerous errors that could have potentially disastrous financial consequences for you. Your next step is to get a lawyer---and judging by the incomprehensible nature of your question, you need legal help very quickly.


You need to discuss with manufacturing division and identify the reasons for their objections. Unless you want to have an inter-departmental dispute brought to the public attention, you may want to discuss with the in-house counsel first.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney. I work for Cardinal Risk Mangement and Cardinal Intellectual Property, IP service companies, but not law firms. I also am the president of Vepachedu Educational Foundation Inc., which is a non profit educational foundation. I also write cultural and scientific compliations for the foundation. I also teach at Northwestern university as a guest lecturer. I also provide some pro-bono guidance on immigration and other issues through Indian American Bar Association. I also have a contract with Cardinal Law Group, a law firm, for IP projects. All this information is on my profile at Avvo and also at Linkedin. Any views/opinions expressed in any context are my personal views in individual capacity only, and do not represent the views and opinions of any firm, client, or anyone else, and is not sponsored or endorsed by them in any way.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer