Skip to main content

We own a 10 acre parcel in Ocosta, WA that is land locked. How do I get access to the property?

Dallas, TX |

The property is in a residential area that has 2-10 acre tracts. There are several roads that are available to access. Is there a legal process to follow or do I just have to contact my neighbors? Do I have to pay for access or does it have to be granted at no cost?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You are entitled to an easement by necessity to access the nearest public road from a landlocked property. Whether you will be made to pay for the easement is an issue you will have to explore with a local WA attorney.

My "gut" is that if the person who subdivided the lots and made them landlocked still owns adjacent property, you can get an easement by necessity across their lands.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.