Skip to main content

We have had a contractor do work at our house. What kind of recourse do we have? What are our options?

Powder Springs, GA |

The contractor has broken many things and is leaving our house worse. They now do not want to finish the work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What does your written contract say about damages? You provided almost no facts (who, what, when, where, why, how,) an attorney would need to make even an initial assessment.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


See an attorney on this one. There are statutes that apply to contractors that perform work and it provides a detailed method of dispute resolution. You have not provided enough facts for any attorney to provide any reasonable advice

This is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and none is to be implied either. You must contact an attorney and present all facts before you can and should act on this response


I agree that you need to speak with an attorney, and is should be someone who practices construction law. Residential construction disputes can have a high anxiety rate that even exceeds the dollar value of the dispute. And, even bad contractors tend to fight back. To avoid making the situation worse, you need someone who focuses on problem resolution in these types of situations. I'd be willing to talk about this with you, 404-983-1617.