Skip to main content

We are looking for a contingency lawer for a motorcycle accident that happened last year

Oakhurst, CA |

the road was being repaired by tiechert con. company with deep cut outs my wife was thrown off her bike and was and is severly damaged to this day so far no body wants the case whats up with that signed throughly disgusted

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


You should continue your search for a personal injury attorney to take your case. This type of accident is very fact dependent. It also entails whether the contractor followed each and every safety warning requirement exactly. Consult with a lawyer from Look under "find a lawyer". Good luck.


Sorry that your wife was injured and that you haven't been able to find an attorney that is willing to help. Each case is different and requires independent investigation and review. It could be that the attorneys you have spoken with simply don't have experience to deal with the specifics of your case. An attorney would have to have a relationship with some engineering experts that can determine whether the road condition represented an overly hazardous situation for motorists. I know there are attorneys in Fresno and Tulare Counties that would sit down with you and your wife in a free consultation to discuss the case. Don't give up, keep contacting attorneys. The sooner you obtain one, the better. The investigation only gets more difficult with time. Good luck!


Its really hard to say why you are having trouble finding an attorney to represent your wife. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't really function as a jobs bulletin board, so you may not get much in the way of a response to your post. You will have to take the initiative and contact attorneys to find one to represent you. You need to continue in your efforts to find a personal injury attorney to assist you who can investigate and give you guidance as to how to proceed. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


If you use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool, you can go down the list of attorneys until someone picks up the ball.


Check with an personal injury attorney in your state. All cases are different and investigation is most important. Many times damages are clear but liability is not. Expert witnesses are needed many times to prove the liability part of the case. Speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Good luck.

*This information should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


More information is needed to tell you if she has a case. How did she fall?


Essentially the liability rests on the company responsible for the road conditions. I've dealt with cases like this before throughout the state, however more detail will be needed in order to figure out if your wife has a viable claim. Contact one of us in order to see if we'd be willing to take on your case.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer