Skip to main content

WC stopped-states non partisan Dr. says its old age, no injury? My Dr. says I need surgery. I am a health care worker/hospital.

West Bloomfield, MI |

Torn TP tendon @ work-1/9/10. Never missed a days work. Saw Occup. Dr. from Hospital, sent me to Ortho Specialist for ankle. U.S. revealed torn TP tendon-cast for 3 months, boot, AFO. Trying to be conservative w/ no surgery. 2012, walk with cane due to ankle goes out(rotates) & loose balance. WC sent me to a non partisan Dr. out of our hospital system(4/28/120 & states non work related & are do to degenerative changes (age processing). MRI ordered by WC Dr. 6/3/12. MRI-TP tendon intact-split peroneus brevis & PL tendon. Ortho Dr. says I need surgery. New US (6/18/12). states-longitudinal split of TP tendon & split tear peroneous longus tendon lat. mall, inferiorly. WC terminated pymt for med bills. WC is going w/ WC dr. opinion. Who do I see about $$ for med bills & wages when I am off.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need an experienced WC attorney to fight this battle for you. Minimally, you will also need to have a credible doctor who provides a causation opinion. Good luck!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


it is clearly time for you to retain a good w.c. attorney to fight this thing and get it turned around.


Your facts speak to an injury on the job over two years ago, and mentions a torn TP tendon. The June 2012 MRI reports that the TP tendon is intact, but there are other problems.
You need a full review of the history to determine the various causes of action you might have, as well as an examination of what other options you may have if your present issues are not related to the work incident and therefore not supportive or a continuing WC claim.
I would suggest that you retain counsel.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, my answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement. For an appointment please call please call 586-778-0900 or contact via email.