Skip to main content

Was rearended while using my vehicle on my job, by an uninsured motorist

Oshkosh, WI |

I was injured with a cervical strain, etc. The uninsured was at fault, do I need a lawyer or will my company handle this correctly. I work for Winnebago County Wisconsin.

I understand workmans comp will pay my medical bills, my insurance pays my vehicle under uninsured motorist, who handles the rest and what is the a lawyer my best bet???? Which policies and complanies battle it out, who do I trust to talk to. I don't trust the OT Doctor, who does not listen to me at all.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You can search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer who can sue the person.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.


At a minimum, get an opinion from a local lawyer. Don't rely upon any insurance company or their claims minimizers to do the right thing. Good luck.


I am sorry to hear about your injury. I agree that it would be a good idea to consult with an experienced trial lawyer in Wisconsin who focuses on represeing injured people. Many attorneys will provide a free initial consultation. He or she will be able to help you understand your rights and options, including whether you may have a claim under your own auto policy. Best wishes to you.


Yes, you need a lawyer to make an uninsured motorist claim. Your own insurance provides uninsured motorists' coverage to protect you when injured by the negligence of a driver who does not have insurance. Feel free to call me.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. Your uninsured motorist insurance carrier is not your friend. Do not rely on them to do the right thing. Speak with an attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer