Skip to main content

Was leaving a restaurant/bar and got into a fender bender..charged with DUI less safe?

Alpharetta, GA |

Was leaving and got into my car. Went to back out and bumped into a vehicle illegally parked in a fire zone. Pulled right back into the spot i was in. We exchanged insurance information. The police showed up about 15 minutes later, asking questions. They approached me and asked i had been driving. I said i had earlier. Without a blood, urine or breathe test, was arrested for DUI less safe. Is this possible to beat in court?

No breathalyzer, field sobriety test, or blood/urine tests were adminsistered. I declined to take any. I wasnt told what i was being arrested for until i received the ticket at the station.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8

Best Answer

A good DUI attorney can work miracles. There is hope.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


You should speak to a criminal defense lawyer immediately. Good luck.


You need to hire a good DUI attorney.

The above is just my opinion based upon the limited facts provided. It is not intended to be offered as legal advice nor is it intended to establish an attorney client relationship. You should seek a consultation either in person or over the phone to discuss any legal issue that you may have raised.


Give my office a call to discuss your situation in depth. You could definitely have a good defense in Alpharetta's court. My office number is 770 887 3720. My law partner and I defend many DUI cases in Alpharetta and I will be happy to give you some insight.

Evan A. Watson is a Georgia licensed attorney. All information is based on Georgia law, and no response should be construed as legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is simply a form of legal education and is intended to provide general information for all readers. Please refer with an attorney who practices in your applicable state for non-Georgia legal questions.


You need a good DUI attorney. Without detailed facts, no one can guess the outcome of a case.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


You do not mention whether or not you were administered a breathalyzer or blood test later, however, I agree with my colleague(s) that you should immediately seek the advice and counsel of a local criminal defense attorney.


It is not iron-clad that you can beat a less safe DUI in these circumstances. However, you have some very good defenses based upon the lack of an investigation. You will need an attorney to help with your defense. Call me if I can be of assistance.

Allen R.(Rusty) Knox
125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(678) 334-1399

Allen Rust Knox

Allen Rust Knox


Note that your refusal to conduct any fst or breath tests will be used against you as proof of your guilt.


I agree with all my colleagues you need a DUI lawyer right away. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer