Skip to main content

Was in a auto accident in Georgia I have a judgment that keeps me from getting my license back I need to know if there is a

Augusta, GA |

statue of limitation on the judgment I have been with my license for 12 years

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


When people have a judgement against them, it is often times possible to settle the judgement for pennies on the dollar and have your creditor remove it. After 12 years, the creditor would likely be amenable to this.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


Christian's answer is completely wrong as to Georgia's suspension law. Apparently he's not a Georgia attorney. Since the debt is not collectable except by suspension, obviously they won't just take it off for the heck of it.

The license suspension in Georgia for an unpaid accident is for life (until you pay it off). You can only remove it by cutting a deal with the claimant (pay them) or by filing bankruptcy (if your type of accident is dischargeable - some, such as DUI's, are not). Talk to a bankruptcy lawyer as that may be a good option.


I am sorry for your distressing situation. Without knowing more about your specific situation, I cannot advise you specifically, but I suggest you contact an experienced local Georgia attorney and allow he/she to review the documentation of your case.

Good Luck!


Please forgive Ashman's answer as it was unprofessional and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer