Skip to main content

Was I treated and arrested properly if not what can I do to beat this

Coventry, RI |

I was taken by police to station after a scuffle at a bar which I had nothing to do with disorderly conduct and resisting illegal or legal arrest was never finger printed no photos taken no rights told to me denied medical help until I fainted and smashed face on floor and bloodied my nose was searched three times still had vodka bottle in pocket I took out while in office with police and drank it before they took it finally taken by rescue to hospital was mad fun of for being over weight and taunted by one police man who would not leave me alone after me asking several times I have many witness at bar and hospital that heard police admit to me I was arrested for no reason please help and when cops first responded they told everyone of my past police history to get them scred of me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to review the arrest/charging documents, the hospital records and the facts of the case. Your attorney will evaluate the case and the law and advise you of the course to take.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Your question covers a tremendous amount of "factual area". I agree that your best bet is to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss the facts as you remember them. Keep in mind, however, that your facts may not coincide with what is reported in police documents so it is of the utmost importance that you secure counsel as soon as possible to begin a proper investigation for your defense.


Contact a criminal defense attorney of your choice as soon as possible. There may be a civil rights violation to work out, but as discussed, this is a very fact-sensitive situation. Obtain a copy of the police report to bring to the meeting with your lawyer.

Chris Malcolm - 617.645.0089 if you want to discuss this further or have additional questions.
Good luck and Happy New Year --