Skip to main content

Was given a ticket for a 1110A offense in Nassau county today. It carries 2pts. Should I fight this in court.

Merrick, NY |

My license is clean. I really don't want any points. Will I be charged extra fees if I goto court and is there a possibility of not reducing the pts?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It is often reduced and 0 points with a clean record. There are no extra fees for pleading not guilty and showing up to negotiate.
If you want to ensure 0 points, hire an attorney.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Hire a lawyer to negotiate this to a no point parking ticket
If you hire lawyer then you would have to show up. Contact me if you need more information.


Retain a local Traffic Ticket Attorney or one of the fine attorneys who responded to your question

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


With a clean record you can probably get it reduced to 0 points if you are interested in spending your day in Court..
Nassua County is reasonable with the no points, but they like charging higher fines.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)