Skip to main content

Was assaulted have been trying to have person arrested and charged getting run around from da and sheriff. what can I do

Redding, CA |

Seperated abusive spouse broke Into house called 911 no officer came nor called me back. have been physically and mental abused from spouse and his family. want charges pressed on spouses sister do to her physical assult on me. not getting any assistance from law and da also all the officers did was? spouses family they never? anybody in my yard who saw her push me to the ground. please. help me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I'm sorry for your troubles. If you have physical injuries you should photograph them and bring them to the police. I would contact a local attorney who can press your case with the DA on your behalf.

If my answer has been helpful please note that. We answer these questions free of charge and appreciate the feedback.


Sorry to hear about your situation. Mr. Weinberg is correct in that you can retain counsel to present the matter to the police if you believe you are not being listened to. I wish you the best and hope that everything goes your way.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


There is no magic way to get the police to take action. You may just want to file for a civil, domestic violence restraining order with the court.

The problem you are most likely facing is police looking for credibility of your claims. In domestic violence cases, unless the victim calls while being in the heat of the moment, crying, hysterical and excited, police are often dubious of late "cold" claims because they can be manipulated to gain leverage in child custody battles and alimony cases. If you have injuries, take in photographs of the injuries and if you have witnesses, please take them with you to the police. If you have e-mails, texts or FB posts that in writing show such abuse, also present these to the police.


Get a civil retraining order. An attorney might be able to help push the DA or police - but they can get a restraining order against parties.


Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer