Was arrested for felony dwi in NY, new to felony charges and don't have money for lawyer. What should I expect?

Keuka Park, NY |

You will be assigned an attorney from the Public Defender's Office of Yates County. It is very important that you level with this attorney and tell them absolutely everything that occurred during the incident giving rise to your arrest so that any possible defenses can be explored. This attorney will explain to you the plea bargaining procedures that the Yates County District Attorney's Office will employ so that you can have an idea if they will really be seeking jail time or if probation is a possible offer.

You will be provided a public defender, and if you chose to hire an attorney many have payment plans as well as pricing that isnt as high as you would assume...

Generally, you may be facing jail time on the charge due to the felony level case, and the time span in between charges