Warrants

Lindenhurst, NY |

Women in jail 4 times one year is released no probation . .She does not show up in court to pay her fines..Why didn't they put a warrant out for her..She again is with drug deals doing the wrong thing .

A warrant may be issued. It is judges discretion.

If she owed a court surcharge the judge may have entered a civil money judgment against her.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Yes it was surcharges

If all she owed was money, the Court probably just executed a civil judgment against her.

Her attorney must have made persuasive arguments for her release to the Judge