Warrant for arrest letter

Today i recieved a yellow piece of paper saying that i have been issused a warrant for my msised arrest for my dui court date. it shows the bail amount and my dui case number.. What kind of warrant is this? will the cops come to my house and arrest me, is this a bench warrant?

It is a bench warrant issued by the Judge for failing to appear in court. The cops could come to your house and arrest you. Also if you get pulled over or have any other type of police contact and they run your name they may arrest you if they find the warrant. Get an attorney to go to court and recall the warrant and handle the DUI. Or you could try to do this yourself but I do not recommend it.

Yes it does sound like a bench warrant and you are subject to rest get an
attorney have him go to court as soon as possible get the warrantcalled and
court dates

what is a bench warrant. and im subject to what rest? whats that

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Daniel C Grupenhagen

I think Michael meant subject to arrest

Yes it is a bench warrant. Next time you miss a court date you will be arrested. Hire a lawyer and take care of your DUI case.

what do you mean next court date? i only missed one court date and i recieved a letter. do i have another court date?

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Daniel C Grupenhagen

You have a date with the court now anytime you either go there and ask to see the judge or when police arrest you unannounced and take you to court within 72 hours of your arrest.

So if i missed a court date, they assigned a new one with out me knowing? i should have gotten a letter saying when it was, and if i do get arrested it takes me 72 hours to see the judge from arrest?

Daniel C Grupenhagen

Daniel C Grupenhagen

No the judge issues a bench warrant when you failed to appear. No new date was set, just a warrant that allows police to arrest you. Instead of getting arrested, you can go to court and ask the judge to recall the warrant.

You have received a bench warrant for failing to appear for your arraignment (I'm making an assumption there that you missed your arraignment). "Will" the cops come to your house to arrest you? No. But if you have any interaction with law enforcement while this is outstanding, you will likely find yourself in handcuffs.

Obviously, you need to take care of this. Not only do you have a DUI charge with all those fines, you've now incurred an additional $750 (estimating) fine on this Failure To Appear ("FTA") ticket.

You would be well served by at least calling an attorney's office and speaking to someone so you have some clue as to how to proceed. Legal representation aside, you need someone to just explain the logistics of all of this to you.

Call anyone on this list and ask for some advice.

This is NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists.

i showed up for my arraignemtnt which was my first hearing, i pleaded not guilt and had my 2nd court date. but i missed it

Mohammad Ali Salimi

Mohammad Ali Salimi

Okay, now I have a better understanding. Well, you're going to need to appear and answer to the judge about your FTA. Why do you not have an attorney? How are you preparing your defense?

ok thank you, is it still a bench warrant. im afraid they will come to my house

Mohammad Ali Salimi

Mohammad Ali Salimi

If they wanted to they could, but they're just entirely too busy to actually do it. If it happens, you just have bad luck.

thank you for your response. my court is all the way in LA in airport court and i live in the ventura will the local cops come if they do, or will they have to come all the way from where ever my court is held

Mohammad Ali Salimi

Mohammad Ali Salimi

Give me a call at (949) 852-4435 and I'll answer all your questions for you.

They may not come to the house to arrest you, but you run the risk of ending up in jail if you are pulled over for a traffic violation, etc. The best thing you can do is consult an attorney who can go in on your behalf and clear up the warrant. Act quickly--the longer you wait, the worse it will get.

thank you, i also have a friend that has a bench warrant from 3 months ago for the same situation as i am in now, but he never recieved a letter but i did? why is that?

Dan Eugene Chambers

Dan Eugene Chambers

Really tough to say and, in the end, doesn't matter much. The warrants for you and your friend need to be cleared up ASAP.

It is a warrant and you are subject to arrest. While some agencies will send a courtesy letter once a case is filed, unfortunately that does not always happen. The arrest on the warrant usually occurs when a person is pulled over for a traffic violation. It is unlikely the officers would come to our home. Please consult an attorney asap., who can appear on your behalf (depending on the court), have the warrant recalled and a new date set for your arraignment. Good luck!

Its hard to say what kind of warrant it is based on the information you provided. Depending on what court issued the warrant, sometimes a criminal case will begin with the issuance of a warrant and a courtesy letter and yes the police will absolutely come knocking. Its a warrant. If your case already began and you did not appear then it would be a bench warrant. In either case it means you need to surrender asap. If you need assistance with this give us a call.

Brian Michaels
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
www.socalcrimdefense.com
3109919179

That is likely a bench warrant. Without seeing it, I can't confirm it, but most likely that's what it is. Chances are good you missed a court date for your DUI case, and that was issued as a result.

For a DUI it's not as likely the police will come to your house looking for you (sometimes they do, but there are usually bigger cases to worry about, and not enough time to get to all of them), but at the same time, if you're contacted by the police for a broken tail light or similar, the warrant will likely pop up during their license check, and you could be arrested then and there.

Don't let them dictate when and where this issue is addressed. Your best bet is to contact a lawyer if you don't already have one for your case, and have them set up a court date to address the warrant. If you already have an attorney, contact them. It's something you could attempt on your own if you wanted to, but I would not recommend it. An attorney will have better knowledge of the court procedures and give you a better shot at a positive outcome.

The advice provided in this answer should not be considered legal advice. There are many additional details to be discussed before a complete picture can be obtained and before advice can be given. Contacting an attorney for a confidential consultation should be considered.