Wanted to know what will be a fair settlement with a 10% to the knee cant return to previous job two surgeries my ttd 526$ weekl

Long Beach, CA |

It is WAY more complicated than that. Your 10% WPI is altered by your age and occupation, and could actually be worth 6-23% (ballpark) afterward. Your future medical needs could be worth 2,000-25,000, depending on what the doctor says. Your Retraining Voucher could be worth 4-6,000 depending on your final PD Rating. Your PD benefit rate of 230 per week could be increased or decreased by 15% if your Employer makes Modified Work available to you. In short, there is no way to tell unless you hire a WC Attorney to evaluate ALL your facts. 7,000 might be enough, or 40,000 may not depending on multiple considerations.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

I agree.

I agree with Mr. Corson. Talk to a local WC attorney.

Get a wc atty - this is way to complicated for a non lawyer

If you can't do your previous job, your employer may be able to accommodate you by transferring you to a new job that does not exceed any work restrictions you have.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.