Skip to main content

Want to know what I can do about my husband cutting himself on a defected budweiser bottle?

Hartford, CT |

I bought a 12 pack of budweiser bottles from the grocery store yesterday (they have the twist off tops), today he went to twist the top off of one and part of the top of the bottle broke off in his hand and cut him. I still have the bottle and the part that broke off as well as the top to the bottle. Please tell me what I can do.

+ Read More

Filed under: Personal injury
Attorney answers 2


Without a lot more specific information, I can not in good faith give you a more usefull answer. First, document everything from the receipt from the purchase to all of the other bottles and the wrapping around the case for identification of lot numbers, date and place of manufacture and the rest. Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.


If he has a permanent injury and there is a defect in the glass at the time he purchased it you have a case that may be brought against the Bottler, The Franchisor (the beer company whose name is on the bottle) against the distributor (the company who delivered the beer to the store) and against the seller. An expert will probably be required to determine what caused
it to fragment in his hand. Your testimony and his will be necessary to negate that it broke in transit from the store to your house. The damages need to be substantial to merit bringing the case since the expenses will be substantial.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer