Skip to main content

Want to know if i found out that my husband was only useing me to come to the usa can i get him deported back to his country ...

Cincinnati, OH |
Attorney answers 3


This is an immigration question.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.


You can provide information to the USCIS fraud detention unit. BUT, you should be very careful about two things. First, do not let anger, jealousy, etc lead you to a hasty conclusion that your husband used you. If you feel unappreciated, talk to your husband and perhaps get some counseling. Spouses from different cultures have to work even harder to make a marriage work. If you accuse your husband of marriage fraud, the consequences to him will be permanent and severe. Do not do something you will regret merely because you are angry.
Second, do not threaten your husband or try to use his immigration status as a tool to manipulate him.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


No, you cannot. Only government can. You can report what you believe to be marriage fraud to ICE. THeir website is instructive on how. THis is all. You report. They decide.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.