Skip to main content

Want to fix my husband papers his daughter and i are U.S citizens

Las Vegas, NV |

My husbands passport was scratched out like 17 years ago. he drove to the border with his friend. His friend carried drug for his personal use and was caught. My husband was not driving nor the owner of the car. We been together for 7 years and married for 1 month can i fix him papers.

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 4


What's the point of the story about the friend and getting caught at the border, and the "scratched out" passport? Are you trying to say that your undocumented alien husband left the U.S. and then was prevented from returning? If that is the question, then the answer is maybe. It would depend on whether or not he had any other grounds to prevent him from returning to the U.S. I would assume that he had lived in the U.S. for more than a year he would be subject to a ten year bar that could possibly be overcome upon a showing of hardship to you and any other family members he may have in the U.S. But the best answer I could give you is to seek out an experienced immigration attorney and have a thorough consultation. There is a lot of information needed to give a good answer. Good luck.


Maybe. We need more facts. Was your husband convicted of the crime? If he did, what was the specific charge and the disposition? What type of drug? Was your husband deported? Where is your husband? If he is in the US, how did he enter?

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


I agree that more facts are needed
Consult an immigraiton attorney in your area

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


The answer depends on both what exactly happened at the border and what you mean by "scratched out"

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer