Skip to main content

WA state child custody laws, non custody father's responsibility for post secondary education support

Washington |
Attorney answers 1


If there is a court order for payment of post secondary education support, then the ordered parent would have to pay.

If the most current child support order does not contain a provision ordering post secondary education support, the custodial parent may petition the court. Generally, the petition must be filed and served before the child is 18.

The custodial parent should review her facts and options with an attorney.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


The attorneys from your same state are the best source of guidance and up-to-date information. Good luck!



What if the petition was filed before the child turned 18 but not served to the respondent before the child turned 18?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer