Skip to main content

Voluntary termination of parental rights in state of California non custodial parent

San Diego, CA |

How would I go about terminating my rights as the non custodial parent? what forms are needed. I'm at a loss with what to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Unless there is another adult willing to step into your shoes and adopt the child the court is not going to let you voluntarily terminate your parental rights. Even if you have minimal or no visitation with the child. To answer your question though you will need to go to the Juvenile Court and file your petition there. Do not expect a positive outcome there. To provide you a more detailed answer more significant facts are needed.



if one of the parents wants to terminate the parental right and other party is agreed upon that, can it be possible to terminate the parental right for the unwilling parent?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer